Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Will any OS or router not work with the Linksys WMP54GS Wireless-G PCI Adapter card?

Q. Would your computer need to meet any requirements for the Linksys WMP54GS Wireless-G PCI Adapter card to work? I have a relatively new HP desktop that runs vista.I have to move it into another room where there are no hard connections. I have a 2wire wireless router in the room it is currently in and I have to keep it in there. Would this work if I got the card installed into my desktop.

A. Yes, it will work with any OS and router. Here is the driver for download if you need it.


Can anybody help me with linux network drivers?
Q. I have a Linksys WMP54G right now and can't quite get it to work on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04). I don't mind upgrading, but I would like to know which adapter I should get if I do.

A. Here is a solution from someone with a similar issue (see the source link) but, reading through the comments on the page, it seems Ubuntu Hardy 8.10 supports your device. I would suggest upgrading to Hardy.


How do I get my download speed up with a linksys wmp54g wireless pci adapter?
Q. I purchased a wmp54g pci card and installed it to my computer. It is version 4.1 the software version 4.5 and the moniter version is 4.5 Driver version is 1.0.3.0 This connects to the network and the internet just fine but the download speed is horrible. I am only downloading in bytes for some reason. I don't have access to a router as I am connected to the internet via wifi hotspot. I am connecting between 36-54 mbps. Any ideas? Any sugestion on fixing this problem would be appeciated.
Maybe I didn't explain well enough. My adapter is b/g wifi certified
I don't think its the network my laptop works just fine on it. It is not webpages I have issues with it is downloading things from webpages like software, games, movie, music and the like.

A. look first of all i doubt the problem is with the network card itself, it could b but i dont think so the speed of 802.11g (the standard used in ur pci card) is 54 Mbps and even if u take into account the fact that the reallife speed is a bit lower, ur connection should still be really fast, more than enough, in fact, because a typical intenet connection is between 256Kbps and 1Mbps. so i think the problem is with ur internet connection not the wireless connection. if its a public wifi hotspot then that wouls explain y the intenet connection is so slow, becuase for example u could be far away from the signal antenna and therefore the link speed would b affected. also there might be a lot of ppl trying to access the wifi network at the same time wich would also slow down ur speed. if its ur own network, however, then u need 2 make sure the antenna isnt too far away from ur computer and that it is working properly. last if ur intenet connection is dialup then it should b obvious y the speed is so slow u will need dsl if u want fast speeds. if and only if, u investigate and find that none of the above r wat causes ur problem, then ud need to check for problems in the pci card itself OR with the main wireless antenna.
;)


How can this lan card work on my computer?
Q. Hello,
I recently bought the Linksys Cisco WMP54G lan card. I have vista 32bit so I went to linksys.com and downloaded the vista drivers, I unzipped the files but an exe is missing. The guy that i bought it from told me that it was supposed to have an exe inside and that I should run it to install the drivers. What I should do?

A. Go to
http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support/WMP54G/download
and download the file:
http://downloads.linksysbycisco.com/downloads/WMP54Gv4.1_v2.0.1.9,0.exe

As you see, this is an exe file, no need to unzip it, run the file and continue with the wizard.
NOTE that you have to physically insert the adapter AFTER requested by the installation wizard.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment