Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear N300 Wireless Usb Adapter

Charles asks…

Netgear: N300 Wireless USB Adapter Drivers?

I lost my disk for this piece of hardware, and now i cant even find the drivers on their site:
http://www.netgear.com.au/home/products/wireless-adapters/work-and-play/WNA3100.aspx
Any help locating drivers for this thing to work would be great! Thanks!

netgear answers:

Is it this one:
http://support.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/13071

Michael asks…

Wireless Adapter not connecting?

i just bought a Netgear N300 Wireless USB Adapter WNA3100 and it recognizes my Netgear RangeMax Duo Wireless-N Router WNDR3300. Yet it will not connect to it. I run troubleshooting for it and i am told to restart adapter or router and try again. I have done this numerous times and it still wont work. So will this adapter just not work with this router or am i doing something wrong?

netgear answers:

Temporarily disable wireless security on the router such as WEP or WPA authentication and MAC address filtering and see if you can connect. If you are successful, re-enable security and try it again. If you're using WEP, enter the 26 HEX character password and not the phrase you used to generate it.

I have been successful in using this strategy before.

Paul asks…

Are USB Wireless Adapters interchangeable?

I have a Netgear N600 Router. I accidentally bought a Belkin N300 USB Adapter to connect my desktop to the router. I get internet just fine but my Netflix is still just a little choppy while I'm gaming. Would this be better if I bought an adapter specifically for Netgear N600?

netgear answers:

No. That's the point of standards.

Richard asks…

Will this work for xbox live?

I have a Motorola SURFboard SB5101U USB Cable Modem, and a NETGEAR N300 Wireless USB Adapter. I have internet connection. Will I get live if I connect the adapter to the Modem? Please help

netgear answers:

Yes.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

10 comments:

  1. What's up, its nice piece of writing concerning media print, we all understand media is a impressive source of information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have bought a NETGEAR WNA3100 N300 Wireless USB Adapter but in the installation point where i ;ust put in the stick it does not find it. and the software gets into a loop. i removed all software and installed microsoft drivers and now its disabled.
    Help Windows 7 64bit....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to reformat my hard drive so I can go back to sp2 on winxp (sp3 fucks a lot of things up) but I can't find the driver for my wn3100. Well, actually, I can find it online on netgear's site, but you have to "register" to DOWNLOAD the shit, and lots of fucking luck actually GETTING it to download. I've been trying to download the fucking drivers for over 2 fucking hours. And I have to "register" repeatedly. What a lot of fucking bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The installation cd should have a skull and crossbones on it and a warning in large red letters "lose or misplace this cd, and you're FUCKED".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only assume that "register" is so that netgear can fucking steal email addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I had difficulty getting drivers for my WNA3100 usb wireless device, and rather than try to help, these netgear motherfuckers simply deleted my comments. ain't THAT some shit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got the drivers off a completely different site. Thanks for NOTHING, you stupid asshole motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had difficulty getting the drivers for my device. I finally got the drivers off another site entirely. But THESE sorry motherfuckers simply deleted my question rather than attempting to help. FUCK you sorry asshole motherfuckers at Netgear. FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, This blog is really good. You can find all the answers to your router settings. I used a Linksys WRT120N router a year ago and had a problem with it. I used the same website to fix my router. This site helped me save money.

    Linksys Router Support

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey,

    I am very impressed on your blog because your blog words is very impressiveness for business growths so thanks a lot for sharing this

    Visit More Info :- Linksys Technical Support

    Thanks
    Alex Gold

    ReplyDelete