Monday, March 18, 2013

Price of D-Link DSL-2640B modem with wireless?

Q. hi..
I am planning to buy an ADSL modem integrated with wireless router for my BSNL broadband connection. I found one modem in D-Link. Is there any other good one that works fine with BSNL. The one which they provide is worst coz I have changed it twice. Someone please let me know the price of DSL-2640B modem and also suggest me if any other modem is good.

A. D-link is not bad. You could go for Linksys WAG200G, it's got nice signal compared to DSL2640B.

However , I've used DSL2640 and it's router page is a little bugged. If you put symbols in password you would be unable to change the password unless you resetted it.

If you upgrade its firmware, the internet connection drops if you have too much connections to your system (like torrent, http server, game server querying, so on) for me, and I had to restart it. I had to downgrade the firmware, then it worked well.

If you have the Linksys WAG200G in your area, get that one. It's interface is nice, the signal is quite good. It's antenna cannot be changed though, not sure if this is a problem for you. From what I know, the antennas are maintenance free.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment