Saturday, March 16, 2013

I really need help!! I can't set up my Cisco wireless router!! I've tried everything...?

Q. I have a Linksys E2000 wireless router that I'm trying to set up. I used the CD on my other computer to try and change the password and everything because I didn't remember it and my mother just got a new laptop and wanted to be able to get online. It is saying it can't find my router. Is it because it doesn't have the original name is was given because I changed it a long time ago. The router is listed in the list of wireless networks but I'm unable to connect to it. I really need this not only for my mother but because I have so much homework to do. How can I set things up on my computer again when it won't even show the router on the computer and wont connect to the one I had it connected to? Please, please help. I've been working on this for hours.

A. You can't configure a router via WiFi that you can't access.

Download the manual if you don't have one. http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/E2000_UG_USA_V10_NC-WEB.pdf

More Linksys E2000 help and videos are available here: http://support.linksys.com/en-us/support/routers/E2000

Connect a PC or laptop via Ethernet to one of the router's LAN ports and follow the instructions in the manual to set it up.

The default IP for your Linksys E2000 router is http://192.168.1.1 Type that in the browser's URL bar. You should get a login screen.

The default username is "admin" and the default password is "admin".

If you don't know the login password you'll have to reset the router to factory default state. The instructions will be in the manual.

If the router is reset to factory default, thus erasing all user modified settings then it will revert to the default passwords. Be sure to change the password of the administrative interface of your router from the factory default for security.

You can reconfigure your wireless settings.

Wireless connections require configuration to prevent anyone with a WiFi in range of your router from connecting to your network. They could do malicious deeds, such as hack into your network, or just leech off of your Internet bandwidth.

Wireless setup is not too difficult, Just follow the instructions in the router manual or wizard set up program. If you're having problems either pay someone to set it up for you or find a knowledgeable friend to configure it. Once the wireless network settings are configured it's a fairly trouble-free system.

Once it's setup you can disconnect the Ethernet cable and use the wireless connection.

Good Luck...


My wireless router wont let me connect to the internet?
Q. i have an linksys e2000 , its connected to my computer wired and connected to my sister laptop wireless. It wont let any connect to the internet , but when i disconnect the router ,i can connect to the internet on the computer it was wired to. Also it wont let me reinstall it since i uninstall it and it keeps saying your wireless router is already set up on a different computer when its not. Does anyone know fix this? any advice would help

A. Did you do any initial configuration on it when you first hooked it up?

Try logging into the router's configuration page via a computer connected to it on ethernet cable; the page should be at 192.168.1.1 from your web browser (or a similar IP; check the manual that came with it to be sure). You should then be prompted for a login; if you've never logged into your router before, the login is probably "admin" and the password "admin", although you'll obviously want to change that ASAP for security reasons.

Once you're at your router's configuration page, set up your network settings, wireless settings, etc. Check all the current settings and fix anything that shouldn't be there; one of those settings might the the cause of your problem.

If you can't log into your router, you'll need to reset it using the reset button on the back and log into it using the default login I just gave you.

If nothing else works, you might need to contact the manufacturer for assistance.


why cant my wirless devices see my wired devices?
Q. so here is the problem i have a bunch of wired devices on my network that host media to the rest of my devices videos music what have you. and i have wireless devices laptops tablets and other stuff that use these media hubs or did at least all of a sudden all my wireless devices stopped being able to se the wired devices unless i wired them up. now don't go insulting my intelligence with things like check your drivers or make Shure your wireless devises are hooked up right or i will find your grandma and slap her silly. all the desktops with wired connections are running windows 7 and the router is a cisco Linksys E2000 any solutions?

A. The E2000 includes a feature called AP Isolation. If this has been turned on, then it stops wireless clients being able to connect to other clients. It is not clear in the manual pages I have read as to whether this stops wireless clients from connecting to wired clients.

I suggest that you check that this feature has not been enabled, possibly by accident or through a router firmware bug. If it is enabled, disable it. If it is disabled, I would try enabling it, then rebooting the router and then disabling it again.

I hope this helps.


Router Problem Help Please?
Q. I own a Cisco Linksys E200 Wireless router. When I first got it, it work great. I had Wi-fi on my PS3, Ipod, laptop. Then, six months or so later my PS3 and Ipod stopped being able to connect. My Ipod says a message "Unable to connect to "wireless"". The Ipod works with any other wi-fi. My PS3 gives the message "An error occured during the communication with the sever. DNS error 80710102"I've tried all that stuff people say to do but none of it works. But my sister recently came home from college with her laptop and it gets wi-fi everywhere in the house. What is the problem here? Thanks!

A. Off the top of my head I'd say you need to check your DHCP client reservation setup. Essentially, you can specify how many IPs (devices) are allowed to access the wireless LAN at once. Check the manual for the E2000 here: http://home.cisco.com/assets/presskit/userguides/e2000_ug.pdf. Read the section on DHCP reservation and see if the IP for your device (one which does not connect) is listed. If it is, there's something else going on and you may need to do some more research. If it's not listed, you can add it manually. I would recommend adding it using the device's MAC address which will allow access by the same device permanently, no matter what other changes are made.

Holler back if this doesn't work and we'll go from there.

Hope this helped!
Peace!
The Reverend





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment