Friday, March 15, 2013

How do I add another mac address to my linksys router?

Q. I have my main laptop set as the admin for my linksys router and I got an IPad for christmas but I forgot where to go to add its MAC address to the list! Please help! Thanks!

A. By default, a Linksys' ip address is 192.168.1.1. Put that number into the address bar of your internet browser. When prompted for a username/password, enter your info. The default username is blank, and the password is admin. From here, go to the wireless security page. Find the mac filter list. Add the mac address. Done.


What is the ip address to takes you to the Linksys router setup screen?
Q. What is the ip address to takes you to the Linksys router setup screen?

A. Concurs with all answers (that�s default) � however if also can be configured to use any other address starting from:192, 10 or 172.

Should 192.168.1.1 don�t work:

1.Go to prompt command: �START� >> �RUN� >> type �CMD�
2.In new black window type: ipconfig /all
3.Address listed as Default Gatway is your routers private IP

PS.
Default credentials for authentication are: username: blank password: �admin�, depending however on ISP you are using could be anything else (typical: credentials given by ISP used for connecting to Internet)


How to change security on linksys router?
Q. I know my neighbors are accessing my internet via my linksys router. I just went in though the ip address and set up a password. Do I need to do anything else to stop them?

A.


Connecting a linksys router to a virgin media super hub?
Q. My linksys routers ip address is 192.168.1.something. but, my current network runs on the lines of 192.168.0.whatever. and whenever I try to change the routers ip address, it asks me to change it back and it kind of dies. Also, when I connect it up, and try to configure it to the hub, as is, the hub says that the up is out of range. So how do I hook it up?

A. OK, let's back up a bit. You're going at this backwards. You don't make the router fit the media hub. The router is the network.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment