Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear Dg834g Upgrade

Chris asks…

I have a Netgear Wireless ADSL Router and I wish to upgrade/update it?

I have a Netgear Wireless ADSL Router and I wish to upgrade/update it. I was wondering what the people of WWW world would recconmend My router is a NETGEAR WIRELESS ADSL ROUTER DG834G V3

Any sensible suggestions?
Well to improve the signal for a start unless there's other way of doing that

netgear answers:

You can update the firmware in the router by logging into the router
in your browser type 192.168.1.1
username= admin
Password=password

on the left side if the screen click on upgrade and it will check to see if there is an upgrade available and follow the prompts.

If you want a new router then I would go for a wireless N model which has better coverage, choose from Netgear D-link Belkin or linksys. If you go for wireless N you need wireless N adapters in your peripherals - laptops gamestations etc

HTH
David

Richard asks…

i currently get 2mb broadband, but want to upgrade to 8mb, do i have to change my 54Mbps router?

i currently use a 54Mbps netgear dg834g wireless adsl router : 802.11g and "10/100 LAN ports capable of 200 Mbps2 = whatever that means...with my current broadband service of 2Mb. i am eligible for upgrade to 8Mb but will i need to change my router to handle the faster speeds? does 54Mbps mean this is the max speed of the router. if i do need to change router, what model?

netgear answers:

The broadband speed refers to data coming into the router/
54Mbps refers to data on the wireless network you have.

Upgrading your broadband will help you get data to/from the Net faster. It won't affect your wireless network.

There are some proprietary router/card pairs that will work faster than 54Mbps. Also what's called "pre-N" routers are touted as faster.

The short answer, if you want to upgrade your broadband, don't worry about the router.

George asks…

How Do I get internet on my upgraded comptuter?

Hey Guys

I am about to reset my computer to factory settings becuase i have a virus. I am also going to upgrade my pc to windows 7

What should i save to my memory pen so i can get internet straight away, i have lost all my old discs so i cna onyl save the program files.

I am using AOL 9.0 and my moden is a Netgear DG834G.
I am also using windows xp.

step by step would be good (

netgear answers:

I dont know how it works in america but in australia you dont need any software to connect to the Internet, all the info is saved in the router/modem. Just plug in the cable and go.

P.S Colour <- thats how its spelt.

Ken asks…

How do I boost my wifi signal?

I have a netgear DG834G which has been fine for years all over the house but signal drops in and out in our new room.Do I need to update/upgrade my router or can someone recommend a better antennae compatible with my router?

netgear answers:

Here you will find the answer to all your computer needs,exellent information on everything,and links to freebies and all sorts

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment