Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear Dg834g Router Only

Robert asks…

if i have only a laptop then can i use a wireless router such as netgear dg834g??

netgear answers:

Certainly, however make sure that your laptop utilizes a wireless netwrok card. Other than that the configuration and everything can be done from your laptop.

Joseph asks…

Unresponsive netgear router DG834G?

I've been using this router for a few years and everything has been working fine, until this afternoon. I came home and tried to connect to the network, and it was not detected. I checked the router and none of the lights except for the power light and the internet light (red) were illuminated.

I pulled out the power cable and left it for 20 seconds before re-plugging the router. This usually fixes any issues.
However, once plugged in again, lights 1, 2, 3 and 4 (signifying an ethernet port being connect to a computer) and the internet light (red) were the only ones that came on (power light remained off) and then the router seemed to freeze and do no more (there are no computers connected via ethernet cable to the router). I've tried unplugging the router and leaving it longer, but it does the same thing. I don't know what's wrong with it/what has happened?!
What can I do?
Please help!

netgear answers:

Try resetting to factory defaults(there is a recessed button in the back you will need a pin or something to push it in). If that doesnt work, you will need to buy a new router. You said you have been using it for a few years, so it may have just finally died.

Mark asks…

Router Help!!. I've just bought a new Netgear DG834PN(uk) Rangemaster wireless modem to replace DG834G.

Can anyone help? I replaced my Netgear DG834G with the DG834PN Rangemaster Mimo wireless mod.router because I required the additional range in my house for the familys laptops. It works great rangewise and additional speed. However although I can open internet explorer no bother ,I cant open AOL which is my ISP. I foned AOL and after trying a few adjustments, (ADSL,WAN, etc.) I still cannot open aol. After 2nd call I was told that the new router was not supported by AOL software. I thought the only difference between the two routs. was the speed and range!! Surely netgear dont make special routers for aol? Is there some way I can adjust my new one to open AOL? Does anyone in the community have any ideas? My desktop runs windows xp and AOL VR, and the family laptops are Vista home edition and AOL VR. We would appreciate if anyone can help. Thanks.

netgear answers:

Check out this link

http://www.netgear.co.uk/product_support.php?sub=down#products

Offers 24 7 help, etc

Paul asks…

Problems with Netgear router or AOL?

When I've been swiching my NG DG834G router on for the last few weeks, the i symbol which represents that you are connected to the internet flashes orange for about one hour,
then eventually turns green to show I'm connected.

Why is this happing? why does it not let me connect to the internet for one hour or so? Also the router only lets me use internet explorer, if I try and use AOL my ISP the orange light appears again!

netgear answers:

This sounds more like an issue with your router. Have you checked the firewall rules on the router?

An easy step is to open the firewall for all traffic & see if it works.

You'll be open to the world during this test, so, don't forget to close it down again afterwards.

If everything worked OK, consider looking through each of the rules to see where the problem is.

The router manual / help file should be able to advise you on the individual settings. They change according to the model of router you have.

Hope this helps

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment