Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear Router Repeater

George asks…

netgear router wireless light not blinking?

I have a Netgear wireless router, WGR614 v6, about 4 yrs old I think, I want to use it as a repeater and I forgot the password to it. So I reset the router, holding the reset button for 10 sec's and since then the wireless light on the router stopped blinking. It was working before I tried to reset it. So now I tried everything to get the wireless light to blink or broadcast a wireless signal:

reset the device for 10 secs while powered on
reset the device for 30 secs while powered on, power off, then continue to push the reset button for 30 secs after powering on
unplug and leave the device for 10 mins and then power on
upgrade the firmware
plug it into a computer using the LAN and then try to enable to the wireless radio(didn't allow me to do that)

please help me here, dont want to buy another router when I can use this in my home as a repeater.
In reply to Robbie: After I reset the router, I didnt change any settings on the router after the router has been reset to factory default, I cant even get the wireless radio on the router to switch on either by resetting it or by trying to hook up the router via a ethernet cable and trying to enable the wireless radio in the router settings.

netgear answers:

Did you re-configure the wireless on the Router (by accessing the router IP) and on your computer, if not then do it because the old settings saved on the router are erased, and when you do the new settings, the computer still has the old settings saved on it.

John asks…

My router provides wifi access but no form of networking?

I have a sky netgear router with a BT homehub set up as a repeater, although any device can connect and use WIFI, no device can network such as computers detecting other computers or any form of remote desktop software?

netgear answers:

By a new one and get belkin

Robert asks…

How to add 2 reapeaters to a wireless router?

Hi there,
The problem is that i have a netgear wireless router and have to connect 2 edimax universal repeaters to it. Anyone knows the configurations?
The router ip is 192.168.0.1 subnet:255.255.255.0
Thank you.

netgear answers:

Only some of the Netgear routers support WDS and most Netgear access points.

Netgear routers will be unable to connect to another router or access point wirelessly unless they support WDS (see Datasheets and Product-Webpages for Info).

Netgear access points can connect to other Netgear access points wirelessly but one will have to be plugged into the router unless the router also supports WDS.

Netgear wireless ethernet bridges can connect to the SSID of the router and allow for wired computers to get access to the internet and network resources but they are not access points. No wireless client can connect to them.

Router access point/router will ONLY work if the Router supports WDS.

Router access point access point computer will work.

Router access point access point computer will work.

Router ethernet bridge computers will work.

Router ethernet bridge computers will not work unless the router supports WDS.

Current WDS-Capable Netgear devices (as of 07/07/07):

Routers: DG834Gv3, DG834GBv3 (both with firmware 4.01.27 or newer), WNR834Bv2

Accesspoints: WG602v2, WG602v3, WG102, WG302, WAG102, WAG302, WG302v2, WAG302v2, WPN802, WPN802v2

If yours is one of these routers, follow the following instructions (at the bottom of the following document):
http://www.edimax.com/images/Image/FAQ/Wireless/General-Wireless/ExtenWlanPCoverage.pdf

Thomas asks…

Cannot Access My Repeater's GUI , Please Help !?

So I bought an AirLive WN-350R Repeater , My Main Router is Netgear DGN2200
I setup the repeater and everything worked alright I can connect to the internet using the Repeater but I could not connect to my Repeater's GUI (It was 192.168.1.1 ) My main router Uses DHCP Could that be the problem ???

netgear answers:

You MUST make sure its' IP address is not in the same range as the dhcp address pool. It should either be set to be controlled by dhcp, or you must set it a few digits above or below the top or bottom of the pool, but it must have the same subnet mask and be within that subnet. It must NOT be the same as any other machine on the network. Better to set it, as then you can always log in to it if required.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

2 comments:

  1. HI!I think something is missing in the blog i don't know why i feel it and you have to do hard work .


    Useful link- Netgear Router Technical Support

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post with nice details...
    Thanks for sharing such a nice tip. Good information and will be useful for us.
    More Info:- Netgear Router Support

    ReplyDelete