Thursday, February 23, 2012

Netgear Support: Netgear Support Phone

George asks…

How do I change channels on my wireless router so it does not interfere with my cordless phone?

I have a netgear wireless router (WGR614) and a HP Notebook. Whenever we get a call or make one on the cordless landline it knocks me off the internet. I know that it is because the phone and the router are on the same frequecy, but how do I change chanels on the router?? My tech support from Netgear has run out.

netgear answers:

Get into the router wireless setup. You can only choose channel 1 or 11, aside of the default 6. Everything else just overlaps anyway. However, wireless routers use a lot of the shared bandwidth, and this may not fix your phone problem. It may be easier to change your phone brand to a different model (different band) than try to change routers or channels

Mark asks…

Net Gear WGR614 Wireless router not working Properly. Help!?

I have had my Net Gear WGR614 Wireless router for 5 days now. It was all working til about 1pm today, when I lost connection. I am running 2 wired desktops(no wireless devices) via the router. I can connect from the modem still, so I have internet & the router appears to be working still. 1 Pc has Xp. I has Windows 7.

I have reset both the modem, the router, removed the battery & reset the botton. Nothing works! Netgear phone support is a joke. They did not answer for over 1 1/2 hours of trying. My isp, comcast, will not assist, as they want me to buy their version for $120 when this was only $50(same model etc)

So, my question is how do I get both pcs back online via ethernet cord to the router like pre 1pm? Both pcs work if connected to modem 1 at a time, just no internet access via the router. Help me please?

Thanks!
jimmymae... I have done that 6x now, & had no luck.:( It tells me no internet connection:/

netgear answers:

Unplug the modem so at least one computer is connected to the router. Go to the internet. (open the browser) nothing will show up. But type into the address bar 192.168.1.1 This will access the router and you can change the settings. Sometimes and more often now, new routers come encrypted. Just turn off the encryption. Plug your modem back in and there is a button to click on right on the routers config page. Or you can pull the plug and plug it back in. DO NOT push the reset button on the router after changing settings, it will put it back to defaults.

Michael asks…

Can anyone help me out with my netgear wireless router?

I have a wireless netgear router about 8 months old but the issue is some off my devices loss internet capability. Here's my set up I have a Xbox 360, PS3, HP laptop, HTC sensation smartphone and a tmobile phone line that uses the internet. Everything works fine but the htc smartphone and tmobile phone line always loss internet connection but the devices show full WiFi bars. How can I fix this the netgear support was no help.

netgear answers:

There are too many troubleshooting steps to take for me to type up for you, but contact me through email and I'll help you remotely.
In the mean time,
1. In command prompt, type ipconfig. Find gateway address and type into internet browser URL.
2. In router setup page, find a tab about wireless connections and see if it's blocking certain MAC addresses or giving priority to some. If not, continue
3. On your smartphone, walk away from the router and see if the signal drops. If no, its a phone bug. If yes, continue.
4. On your phone, restart. Then turn airplane mode on, then wifi on. Try now.
5. If none of these steps helped, email me.

John asks…

Problem with Netgear & Comcast??

I am having a problem with my wireless internet connection. I rebooted my laptop from factory settings and now it is not recognizing the router. My desktop will also not connect to the internet, either connected to the router or when it is directly linked to the modem. I know the modem is working, all lights are lit and the phone service (which is through the modem) is working. I am trying to reinstall my Netgear router but it is constantly freezing up where it says that it is restarting my network. I am getting very frustrated, since I cannot access the internet through either PC. My question is, where should I start? Should I contact support for Netgear? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

netgear answers:

Follow the link and see if that helps:)
http://library.beau.org/help/dialuphelp/winxp/

I'll keep you on my privet list, if it still doesnt work come back to me:)

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

5 comments:

  1. I have to express appreciation to the writer for bailing me out of this setting. After surfing around through the world-wide-web and finding notions which were not powerful, I believed my entire life was well over. Living without the approaches to the issues you have sorted out by means of your main report is a crucial case, and ones which may have in a negative way affected my entire career if I had not encountered the blog. Your primary expertise and kindness in handling every item was very useful. I don't know what I would've done if I hadn't encountered such a thing like this. I can also at this point look forward to my future. Thanks a lot so much for the specialized and amazing guide. I won't be reluctant to recommend your blog to anyone who wants and needs care on this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some truly nice and utilitarian info on this internet site, besides I believe the style and design has fantastic features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some interesting deadlines on this article however I don鈥檛 know if I see all of them middle to heart. There may be some validity but I'll take hold opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely

    ReplyDelete
  4. I鈥檓 shocked, I need to say. Really scarcely do I come across a blog that鈥檚 both educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your current concept is excellent; the issue is something that insufficient people are discussing smartly about. I'm very happy that I stumbled across this with my try to find something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...Links...

    [...]I am now not sure where you are getting your info, however good topic.http://relogios-relogios.net.br [...]...

    ReplyDelete