Thursday, February 23, 2012

Netgear Support: Netgear Router Setup

Michael asks…

Can anyone help me with my netgear router setup?

Okay so I just bought a WNDR3300 wifi router and I was setting it up with no problem until The setup tells me that the router I have is unsupported by the application I have. Has anyone else had this issue before and can u tell me how u solved it?

netgear answers:

Most routers do not use any software. Try going to the router page by typing the ipaddress in the address bar and the password. Since it's a new router the login details could be found on the sticker on the router itself.

Thomas asks…

Netgear wireless router setup?

Hi. Im currently using a 2wire att dsl modem. I want to setup with my netgear router. When im on the netgear setup page, it asked me for username and password. I'm confused what password is it? Is the att dsl account's password or the password on back of my modem. Thank you.

netgear answers:

The modem password. Read the manual.

Ken asks…

How to setup Netgear router as Repeater?

I have an old Netgear WGR614 v.6 wireless router and am wondering how to set it up as a wireless repeater (if possible). Any ideas? Thanks.

netgear answers:

There are some features available on the WGR v6 from the telnet console that aren't in the HTML pages.
Here is a article on accessing the telnet console of the router
http://www.seattlewireless.net/NetgearWGR614#head-94a70e5e770b17b8df1635446ce8790b0722e370

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=15698

I am not sure that you can use it as a repeater but there are other functions in the unit. The unit won't support DD-WRT or Open-WRT as the memory space is too low.

Hope that helps.

Paul asks…

cannot connect to netgear router setup?

I have a netgear WGR614 and I am trying to connect to the setup page, but it wont let me. I try typing in http://192.168.0.1 and other variations into my address bar, but my page simply says "could not connect" My router works fine I just can't connect to the setup page. I am using windows 7, so if anyone knows how I can solve this I would greatly appreciate it. I am not super computer savvy so don't expect me to understand tech jargon. thank you!

netgear answers:

One of these will definitely work:
http://www.routerlogin.net
10.0.0.2
http://192.168.1.1
http://192.168.0.1

It should also be on a sticker on the underside of your router.
If for some reason if nothing works you can try to reset your router to its factory setting which for my Netgear is to hold down the two buttons on the side until the lights start flashing.
The CD and manual that came with it is also very helpful with Netgears.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

3 comments:

  1. Since you seek some essential counsel, juststick to my attempt. I felt bothersome and doomed, but incidentally I found this priceless catalogue. I was hunting for answers to substantial topics and made a hand. knowledge I got with 3g cell phone jammer prompted me achieving surety and pride. currently, I know how to conduct and choose my door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contemporary market gives a extended number of goods. At some moment, you should think out on a producer to pick out. We think all items are same. Still, since you visit a shop, they present an identical article performedin different alternatives. I would like to promote Can GE Fleet tracking be just stopped? to buyers that rank grade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post is really nice very few of technology blogs having information about netgear router setup the post is so helpful for technical suppot....
    Netgear Router Tehnical Support

    ReplyDelete