Monday, February 27, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear Wgr614v7

Mark asks…

How do I get my Netgear WGR614v7 Wireless Router to work wirelessly?

If my Netgear is plugged into my laptop via ethernet then my internet works fine, but if I try to use it wirelessly it doesn't work.

Please help me.

netgear answers:

Ok. I spent a week on this. And here's how I did it. Right now I'm on the internet wirelessly with my laptop, while my main hardrive computer has internet, and any friends who come over with their laptops/psp systems can get online as weel. How you do it:

1. You can't not be connected somewhere. The Netgear router must be plugged into a computer to work, and be able to give you internet. Trick is to make your big computer (hopefully you have one) your main "hub" or internet command center lol. (maybe there is a way to connect to a router without a computer, but I don't think so).

2. Hook up your modem to your router and your router to your main computer. Follow that netgear intruction cd to the letter. I had many problems off the bat. First it couldn't detect it, then it wouldn't recognize it. What you need to do there is unplug the modem, the router, and then, plug the modem BACK in and wait 2 minutes. No more no less. Plug your router back in and try again. Hopefully you should get a routerlogin.net prompt. And all that.

3. Admin is user name. Password is password. These didn't work for me AT ALL. I resetted everything. What made it work was when i unplugged the router, held the reset button on the back (tiny pinhole) and plugged it back in while still holding onto the button. Hold for 20 seconds, then release. It will reset and work.

4. Finally you're on.

I explained a little more in detail, I'm very excited to be on and want to help others with this stupid ass router because I went through a Boondar in Delhi India, and an Edgar in Texas before finally getting it to work on my own. So to answer your question simply, you can't have wireless internet through your router unless your router has a main computer to plug into. At least I've never heard of anything different. Maybe I'm wrong.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Daniel asks…

How to Spoof Netgear WGR614v7 Router's Mac Address?

How to Spoof Netgear WGR614v7 Router's Mac Address? I'm needing to know how just incase if I ever need to force an IP Change; ie. get temporarily IPBanned from Diablo II or Warcraft III for joining games to quickly.

Thanks!

netgear answers:

You wont really spoof, you want to clone. More like spoofing but this is for long. Get a pc's mac address (probably yours or a friends) then use mac address cloning in your router. Place there the mac address that you took then save it.

Anyway, mac cloning is not the answer i see. They cant see your mac (coz its physical address and can only be seen if you are on the same network), what they can see is your public IP, better release and renew from your ISP to get a new one, hopefully.

If you want to know more, email me. Hope that helps.

Thomas asks…

How can I reconfigure my WGR614v7 Netgear router?

The router isn't transmitting to my laptops after a four hour service provider blackout today, I know it's something simple because it happened before and it was resolved in minutes over the phone with a Netgear consultant taking calls in India.

My warranty expired 22 days ago and Netgear are demanding a kings ransom in return for a six month extension of the warranty and solution to the problem, which I'm not prepared to pay.

Can anyone out there help?

netgear answers:

Power off both your laptop, router and your cable modem for a good 1-2 minutes. Then, first power on the cable modem. Then, about 30-60 seconds later, power on the router, and then power on the laptop.

David asks…

How can I access the 'net via Netgear router WGR614v7 with iPod touch?

This router works fine with my laptop but I am totally unable to use it for my new iPod Touch. The Apple people said I needed to ask Netgear but they don't seem to respond. Any suggestions?

netgear answers:

Search on Google

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

5 comments:

  1. thanks a lot!http://www.oiemail.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a nice article with a beautiful usage. please, keep those posts coming.http://www.revendaautorizada.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know how I ended up listed here, but I believed this publish was awesome. I do not know who you might be but without doubt you?¯re likely to a well known blogger in case you aren?¯t previously Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for that massive analysis, but I'm honestly loving the brand new Zune, and hope this, along with the exceptional evaluations another many people have authored, can help you decide if it truly is the appropriate option for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello site operator, thnxx for putting up this publish. I discovered it wonderful. Honestly, Scarlett..

    ReplyDelete