Sunday, March 17, 2013

What is the difference between Linksys wrt54g and wrt54gl?

Q. Does one have a newer firmware installed? I know the gl is more expensive.
im running comcast high speed

A. More encryption features, other than that they are the same.


please help my router is making my internet very slow?
Q. I have a linksys WRT54GL my firmware is v4.30.15 it is a wireless G router

A. Nobody has given you very good advice thus far, so I'll chime in.

First thing to do is to remove the router from the equation so you can be 100% certain that it is in fact the router that is causing the issue. Unplug your router and connect your modem directly to a computer. Now reboot the modem, wait 60 seconds and reboot the computer. After doing this, test the speed again. If it is still slow, then your router is not the problem, but if it is no longer slow, then the router could be the culprit.

Put everything back the way it was.

If you are connecting to the router wirelessly, try connecting using a cable to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then the slowness issue is due to connecting wirelessly. Unfortunately there is not a lot you can do about that. You could try moving the computer closer to the router, and you could also try limiting the amount of interference. Microwaves, cordless telephones, baby monitors and other devices in the 2.4 GHz band can interfere with WiFi from your router. Turn them off and try again.

Another possibility would be to upgrade to a Wireless N router. Wireless N is faster than Wireless G, and it also uses different parts of the spectrum, so if you do have an interference issue, switching to Wireless N might solve it.


Help my router is making my internet very slow?
Q. I have a linksys WRT54GL with firmware version v4.30.15 please help.
my router is wireless G

A.


Is this router compatible with this modem?
Q. I have a motocorla surfboard SBV5120 cable modem and a wired router (Linksys). I want to upgrade my router into wireless and was thinking of getting the
Cisco-Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G Broadband Router.
However, I am not sure if they both will work together.

A. It won't hurt to upgrade both devices' firmware by downloading the latest versions from the product webpages





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment