Sunday, March 17, 2013

How to install Linksys DriveR?

Q. I saved a download of Linksys Driver WPC54GS v.2.1 to my USB Drive to put on my laptop, but when I try to open it up, it says it dones't know what program created it.

And when I go to Device Manager and try to update the card with the driver I downloaded, the folder doesn't open! I click, "My Documents" and it doesn't open up and it the "OK" button doesn't light up.

This is very frustrating and help would be very appreciated!

A. From the link sys site you need to download the setup file, it should have all the files need to install the driver


My Linksys wpc54g wireless card will not connect to the internet.?
Q. I have good signal strength to the lingsys g wireless router, but the router will not connect to the internet. Using a Dell with NT2000. Card worked until I reset the password and now no longer works. Card works fine in a IBM Thinkpad running Win98. Linksys has been no help. Have downloaded new drivers but still does not work.

A. How did you get on the internet to ask the question? Sorry, but not familiar with Linksys wpc54g. I would call the manufacturer, or take it back to the store where I got it.


How can I use wired and wireless on my desktop (wired), laptop (want wireless but not happening). Help?
Q. Bought a lot of Linksys products. Desktop is accessing internet through a gateway. The Laptop (which is want to go wireless) is also wired and using gateway to access internet. Desktop can stay wired but Laptop was purchased to use wireless. Can I go wireless from Laptop to desktop and so I would be able to access desktops connection to internet lan modem. I tried the Linksys hardware and software but laptop will not work wireless.

A. I wish I knew what type of Laptop you had (make&model)

Besides that, if need (if you don't have one already) A Wireless Notebook card. http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WPC54G-Wireless-G-Notebook-Adapter/dp/B00007KDVK

If you bought one, You don't need it. There is a possibility that it was installed in your Laptop when you bought it, but I do not know this due to lack of what Laptop you have.

If you did buy one, Insert it into the laptop and install the drivers (through CD or internet)

Once everything is installed, Find your router and connect!

Please email me, Storagefiles@sbcglobal.net, I can help you out more. I just need to know what products you bought. They aren't listed in the question so me (and probably everyone else) are clueless.


i need the drivers for the linksys wireless g notebook adapter?
Q. it says the model number is wpc54g version 1.2

i am reformatting my hard drive and need them to use the internet after i do reformat.

but my cd is at home. i have searched the linksys website and they only have drivers for version 1,2,3,4,5 and so on. i downloaded them before so you can't tell me it's not possible.

A.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment