Thursday, March 14, 2013

Is there a way to change internet password on a linksys wrt54g?

Q. My friend a has a Linksys WRT54G wireless internet and I want to change the password to his wireless internet, but I can't figure out the password. I have a ethernet cable but I still cannot login without knowing the password when I type in the url 192.168.1.1.

Is there a way to bypass that or figure it out again? I don't want to reset the whole thing cause it's not mine.

A. you need to ask his password. also it depend if your friends lives in the same house as you cause linksys wireless is not a satelight that you can connect from anywhere


What is wrong with my Linksys wrt54g router?
Q. Yesterday the power to my house went off and came back up in a second or so. But after that my Linksys wrt54g router would not send out signal to the house. I have held down the reset button on the back and unpluged and plugged it back up. And It still will not send out the signal but the modem that its connected to is getting internet because I ran an ethernet cable from the modem to my laptop and its working fine.

A. I had that happen to me a couple years ago. I had the same router.
It destroyed the router. (Never damaged the modem) The router would not work anymore. I just went to wal-mart and got a new router. If you have had the router less than a year you can call tech support and it wont cost anything.
Linksys Tech support 24/7 1-800-326-7114


How can I get my Linksys WRT54G router to work again?
Q. I was attempting to change the channel on my Linksys WRT54G, but I forgot my password, so I performed a reset and ever since then, I haven't been able to reconnect to the internet through my server. I've tried running the software that came with the router to no avail. I keep getting error messages. I don't recall specifically what the messages were, but they were along the lines of "Can't configure the router. Press the reset button." But it never works. What can I do to get it back? I need it for my TiVo and my Wii!

A. Try to get in to your router page again. Just launch Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1. The username is <blank> and the password is "admin". If you're using a DSL connection, look for internet connection type and change it to PPPOE. Type in the username and password provided by your ISP. If you don't know what it is contact your ISP.

If you're using a cable connection, under <Setup> click on the subcategory <MAC Address Clone>. Click on <Enable> and then click on clone your PC's MAC. Then click on <Save Settings>.

If these steps does not work, turn off your modem,unplug the router from the power and turn off the computer as well (the one directly connected to the router. After powering off everything, wait for 20 seconds and then turn on the modem first. Wait for the lights to go stable and then power up the router, wait for 15 seconds then turn on the computer.

If this still won't work try to call up linksys.


Is a Linksys WRT54G router compatible with a Windows 8 computer?
Q. I want to buy a Linksys WRT54G router. The tech info says it is compatible with Windows XP and Vista. Is it incompatible with Windows 8 ?

A. A router does not require software.

Many routers come with a wizard setup program that runs on specific operating systems.

You do not need to use the wizard to configure the router. The router is configured using any Internet browser from any OS.

Download the manual if you don't have one. http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/WRT54G

Connect a PC or laptop via Ethernet to one of the router's LAN ports and follow the instructions in the manual to set it up.

If you don't know the login password you'll have to reset the router to factory default state. The instructions and default password will also be in the manual.

You can reconfigure your wireless settings. Be sure to change the default password for security.

Wireless connections require configuration to prevent anyone with a WiFi in range of your router from connecting to your network. They could do malicious deeds, such as hack into your network, or just leech off of your Internet bandwidth.

Wireless setup is not too difficult, Just follow the instructions in the manual. If you're having problems either pay someone to set it up for you or find a knowledgeable friend to configure it. Once the wireless network settings are configured it's a fairly trouble-free system.

Once it's setup you can disconnect the Ethernet cable and use the wireless connection.

Good Luck...





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment