Sunday, December 2, 2012

How do you port forward on a wireless Macbook?

Q. My laptop is the only computer that's linked to my linksys router. When the laptop is plugged into the router the port forwarding works perfectly. What I'm trying to accomplish is being able to keep those settings while being completely wireless. Is this even possible? Help me out guys.
Also, how do you set up a static IP on a wireless Macbook?

A. Well, port forwarding is all controlled by the ROUTER! Ports are forwarded to a particular IP not a particular NIC so wired or wireless is not the issue. The issue is setting the IP to match your Wireless Card. (Your MacOS should allow you to set the IP for the wireless if so just set it to the same IP as your wired nic. don't even think of trying to use them both at the same time.)
The other option is open the router and portforward to the Wireless IP instead of the wired one!
A good site to help you is http://portforward.com

Hope that Helps -- happy Surfing!


I am trying to start a minecraft sever and need help. How do I port forward?
Q. I have a wrt53gL linksys router. How do I port forward? And what would I use for my I.P. Address?
I've gone to my wireless settings but can't seem to figure out what to do to forward forward a port for minecraft. Any help would be great. Thank you

A.


How to port forward with dynamic ip adress?
Q. Hi, can anyone please explain to me how to port forward with a dynamic ip address? I have a linksys router!

A. Which Dynamic IP ????
Your public ip? To get people to connect to a server at home? Then you use a dynamic naming service like DynDNS, DTDNS, or No-IP, and forward a URL name to your home's public IP. You then load one of their utilities that checks the Ip and updates their DNS servers on a regular basis...

If you home LAN IP is dynamic, you cannot port forward to it reliably. Forwarding is to a specific IP address on your home LAN (like 192.168.1.x). You have to make sure the PC you are forwarding to is at a static LAN Ip address, else eventually port forwarding will fail. No way around that - it has to be a LAN static IP.
Public Ip can be dynamic as long as you have a service mentioned above, that keeps things in sync....


How to set up a minecraft server without a linksys router and hamachi?
Q. Me and my friend live in two seperate states and we want to play minecraft but he doesnt' want to use hamachi cuz it sucks, and I don't have a linksys router to do a port forward. Is there anyway I can make a server otherwise?

A. Most routers will do port forwarding, it doesn't have to be a linksys router.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment