Sunday, December 2, 2012

Can anyone help me with my Linksys WPC54G Adapter?

Q. I have a linksys WPC54G wireless adapter and I cannot access the internet wirelessly because I have lost the instalation cd. I have tried to get the driver from the linksys website but when i downloaded it, it gave me the version 3.1. Does anyone know how I can get this driver?

A. Linksys would be the best website to get the driver, since they are the manufacturer. If you cannot find it, go to "driverguide.com". You will be able to find the drivers there. All you need to do is sign up for an account and they let you download. it's Free.


How do i install a Linksys Wireless adapter WPC54G V.2 to my laptop?
Q. Also i want to know how to find out what my internal wireless card is? Is the linksys one better? If so, how do i install it?

A. In order to know whether your computer has got a wireless card or not do following steps :

1. right click on my computer and select manage
2. you will see a new window from there select device manager
3. device manager will list you list of all the hardwares that are enable in your system, search in this list and in the catagory of network (expand it ) , if you see Wireless or WLAN word then that is your wireless card, else if you only see LAN (local area network ) then it means that you only have NIC card.

probably you don't have the driver for the linksys wireless adapter. here is the link where you can download it :

http://www.driver100.com/driver/30/2639/Linksys_WPC54G_WirelessG_Notebook_Adapter.html

after you have donwloaded the driver from this website, connect your wireless adapter in your laptop ( the port usually reserved for extra cards ) and then install the software for it.

once installation is successfull in order to make sure, again goto that device manager and check if wireless adapter now apear in that network catagory list , if it appear without having any yellow Question mark on it , then it means that it is installed successfully.

configuration of the card depends upon your network, if you are using a DHCP ( dynamic host configuration protocol ) server then you have to goto properties of your wireless card and on the TCP/IP properties set everything to Automatic configuration, else if you are using static IP then assign the corresponding details on that properties . . .


enjoy being connected

regards

F


Is there a upgrade for my Linksys wireless-g notebook version 2 adapter wpc54gs?
Q. I have a Linksys wireless-G notebook, version 2 adapter WPC54gs. I am having a hard time getting a driver for it for my computer. Do I have to upgrade? And if yes, what is the best upgrade that I can use for my version 2 adapter WPC54gs and If there is a website with this version upgrade that I can download for free. I can't really afford to get another linksys wireless-G notebook adapter with a different version. Thank you.

A. try this website http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Content_C1&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115417027773&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper


How to install Linksys DriveR?
Q. I saved a download of Linksys Driver WPC54GS v.2.1 to my USB Drive to put on my laptop, but when I try to open it up, it says it dones't know what program created it.

And when I go to Device Manager and try to update the card with the driver I downloaded, the folder doesn't open! I click, "My Documents" and it doesn't open up and it the "OK" button doesn't light up.

This is very frustrating and help would be very appreciated!

A. From the link sys site you need to download the setup file, it should have all the files need to install the driver





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment