Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear 192.168

Thomas asks…

How come when I try to access Netgear it goes to Linksys?

i typed the ip address 192.168.1.1 last week and netgear came up as usual but today when i try and access netgear it goes to linksys

netgear answers:

You are connected to another router.
Is this wireless?
Is it your neighbour's router and they have no security?

Robert asks…

How do i open my NAT settings on Netgear Range Max Router?

My NAT settings keep changing every so often to closed from open. I need them to stay OPEN. I have a netgear rangemax router. I know how to get into the router when i go to 192.168.1.1

but from there i draw a blank i do not what to click on or go to.

netgear answers:

Click on the link below and find your exact router model and follow the step by step instructions.

Http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

John asks…

I need some help with my Netgear wireless router anyone?

I am also experiencing the same problem with my used Netgear wireless Router. When I enter http://192.168.1.1 into my web browser, the page comes up as unavailable.
Please help!

netgear answers:

Make sure that you are connected to the router first if you are connected to the router and it is still happening try resetting the router with a paper clip there is a small button on the back of the router that will reset the router back to factory setting wiping out your wep encryption making it open to everyone once you have done this just reconnect to it and set up you encryption. Should be ok after you do this

George asks…

What do I do if my netgear router can't carry internet?

It's a netgear router. All the computers can connect to the router network, so it's not any individual computer's fault. And I can still access the net directly through the modem, so I'm sure its the router's fault. I've logged into the router using the "192.168" address, but I can't seem to fix it...

netgear answers:

If u r computer says u r connected, means the computer has internet connection .But some software is blocking you from accessing internet.
I think you have firewall enabled. Something like anti virus software,
Try disabling the anti virus for time being and connect again. It sh'd work.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment