Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Netgear Faq: 192.168 Netgear Ip Address

Joseph asks…

How do i find out my routers ip-address?

LAN-IP address is normally set to a default, private number. Linksys routers, for example, use 192.168.1.1 for their internal IP address. D-Link and Netgear routers typically use 192.168.0.1. but i don't use any of these routers so is there a way to find out mine?

netgear answers:

For the Internal (LAN) IP address just go to your command prompt and type "ipconfig". The number listed as your "default gateway" is the address of your router.

For the External (WAN) IP address just go to whatismyip.org

Robert asks…

How to record the metwork utilisation of individual private IP addresses?

I have a Netgear wireless router conncted to my ISP though an ADSL line. This provide boardband internet connection to me and to my three tanents. The router has NAT and it generate private IP addresses 192.168.0.1-255 for PCs..

Our plan with the ISP states that We paid for a monthly charge for 10GB /month. Above that an extra fee of 2GB. is charged.

To share the charges between the users on fair basis I need to monitir and record the indivial utilisation (upload + download) of each private address..

The report from the ISP only provide the upload /download events of the account, they do not have information on individual private IP address.

My router can monitor the packet activities of individual IP addreses, but it canmot sum them and can only store them for three days.

How can I log the monthly utilisation of individual IP adresses?

netgear answers:

Thats a problem that you can solve by finding some third party monitoring program. I currently use http://www.klir.com/ it is a free online service that as long as your computer is running and is connected to the internet it will poll your network using SNMP services. This is protocol that most computers will broadcast. You can get online and search "how to enable SNMP on my computer" and you can find many websites. The http://www.klir.com/ will actually briefly go over it. Now they will dump your account if you are inactive for a long time. But it is pretty neat the report it will send out. Note: most computers already transmit SNMP broadcast. This is very easy to you program and will walk you through everything. It keeps a running report and should solve your needs. If not this one i am sure that there are other programs that will do this locally not requiring you to go over the HTTP. You will just have to go out and find one.

Steven asks…

How to change the default IP address of WAP?

Hi,
I have a bought a Netgear WAP for the internet and would like to change the default IP address to make it compatible with my current network. My network is set at 192.168.0.xxx and would like the router to change from 192.168.1.xxx to the other one. Unfortunately I am unable to access the WAP settings through my current network.

Any Ideas ?????

Any Ideas?

netgear answers:

Temporarily configure your computer to have an 192.168.1.yyy IP address.

Mark asks…

How to open NAT on Netgear router?(dont give me links)?

my xbox 360's ip address has to be 192.168.0.1 but my netgear's ip address is 192.168.1.1
my xbox live works wen the ip address is 192.168.0.250 but wen i change it to something like 192.168.1.100 it dosent work anymore

netgear answers:

Your xbox's ip address does not have to be 192.168.0.1, and it wont beable to access your internet through your router with that IP address. Change your xbox to something like 192.168.1.100

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment