Monday, February 20, 2012

Netgear Support: Netgear Wgr614v8

Robert asks…

Is Netgear WGR614v8 considered a Firewall Router?

I was told to get a network router for my home and small business computer. My home network already has Netgear WGR614v8. Is this the same thing?

netgear answers:

Yes the router has a firewall http://documentation.netgear.com/wgr614v8/enu/202-10226-02/wgr614v8-04-17.html

David asks…

How do I connect a netgear wgr614v8 router with Vonage?

I have a cable modem & a Vonage box; I want to connect the router & both devices

netgear answers:

Its simple just connect the vonage to your router and it will work there is no big configurations for that

Daniel asks…

Does a Netgear WGR614v8 router compatible with the xbox 360?

I planning to set up xbox live but I don't want to buy another router
I have the adapter

netgear answers:

Your going to have to buy a wireless networking adapter by Microsoft unless you plan to go through Ethernet

Charles asks…

How Can I install my Netgear WGR614v8 into my computer? and how to use it with my Nintendo DS or Wii?

Like the title said!

netgear answers:

I have the same router (v7) but the set-up is the same - see the link below from netgear for more info.

The short version is:
1. Connect your ISP connection to the router.
2. Connect your computer via ethernet cable (for setup only)
3. Log into the admin section - 192.168.1.1 (should be your default gateway)
4. Set-up your router security (remember your SSID)
5. When you choose a passphase, don't use any special characters - the wii for some reason doesn't like them.
6. That should be it for the computer setup.

For the Wii - go to the wii menu:

1. Choose the wireless setting
2. You should see your SSID - choose your ID
3. Put in your passphase and you should connect.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment