Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Netgear Support: Netgear Router Ip Password

Joseph asks…

how can i find my aunts netgear router password without her knowing?

i know her IP address and subnet mask and default router and all that stuff but i cant figure out any way to find the password is there any way i can do it in the internet. if i cant i am able to use her computer sometimes so is there anywhere in the computer where the password is

netgear answers:

Unless she is using the default router password, the only way would be to reset the settings, but then she would know. Of course you could always ask her...

Thomas asks…

change router password Netgear SMC?

I've just got internet hooked up and the technician put in the wireless router as well, but he did not know how to get me to the admin page so I could set a password.

I've googled the default username and password for this IP: 192.186.0.1 and tried all kinds of names, but none is correct.

Please help!

The technician said it was Netgear and the network connection also shows NETGEAR, but the actual router device says Barricade N (model SMCWBR14S-N4).

Thank you!

netgear answers:

Try username admin pass admin or just username admin, you can always call that guy who installed it and ask him for the router password

Michael asks…

Netgear ip and password for wrg614v7?

Yesterday or some time ago, I was able to log on to an ip address 192.168.1.1 and get in with my ip and password and unblock a certain site. Then sometime later, the same certain site gets blocked again for the 2nd time and this time when I go to the same ip address and go in with the same ip and password, it takes forever and says the site was taking too long to respond. I just need to know the ip and password on hand because I forgot it and it was already on the computer, so I didn't have to type anything to get in to begin with. Whats the password for this router and no the ip and password isn't admin, password because I already tried that.
In general is what is the ip and password for this? Cause admin and password doesn't work.

netgear answers:

If someone changed the password, then how would any of us know? If it isn't the default for that device, ("admin" and "password") then it would be up to whoever set up the device. If they blocked you from going to a site, then you need to talk to them and find out why.

Donald asks…

Can i change the username/password to my Netgear routers settings page if i forgot it?

i already know my routers ip # and it gave me the username/password box. but i forgot what they both were. and its not the default names they automatically give u. i changed em but i forgot wat i changed it to.

netgear answers:

Hmm In that case, i believe you should do a reset on the Netgear routers to default or day 1 that you bought. It is located on the hardware itself. Use a pin to poke to reset ya :)

Hope that works for you.....

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment