Saturday, February 18, 2012

Netgear Support: Netgear Router Login Address

Michael asks…

I need help to fix my router its a netgear?

So I don't know what my email address was when I registered my netgear router, its a WNR1000 v2 and so i went to Routerlogin.net and when I login I need my email. I dont know what it is help/

netgear answers:

First, try the "default" settings! Username "admin" password "password" or "1234" for older units.
If that doesn't work, RESET THE ROUTER!

Here are the FULL directions http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1148/~/default-password-for-netgear-devices

PS - Not one single Netgear router uses your email address for the username or password! That is used for a "backup" if you forget but a full router reset is easier in most cases.

Ken asks…

How to install my wpn824 netgear wireless router.?

I have just bought a refurbed netgear wpn824 wireless router, it didnt come with an installation disc and every time i type in on my address bar 192.168.1.1 it doesn't come up with the username or pass word login like it is supposed to. Is there a way i can buy the installation disc or setup the router easier.

netgear answers:

Here is a link to Netgear's support for your router.

Http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WPN824v1.asp

George asks…

Why can't I access my Netgear Router settings?

I have typed in the right address in the address bar and this worked in the passed, The address is 192.168.1.1 but now there is no connection. Everything seems to be working fine I can connect to the internet. I have a number of laptops accessing the net through the same router. I have tried to shut down all but the one I am working with and have even put a cord directly from one of the open ports on the router to the computer and still no luck. Whats going on it was very simple in the past I have the correct login name and password but don't even get asked for them now. I tried different laptops with a direct connection to the computer disabled firewalls and anti spyware still no go. I have typed ipconfig to confirm I have the right address and yes I do so whats stopping me from accessing my router settings?
I have tried different browsers also in case there is some popup blocker at work and tried in safe mode still no go.

netgear answers:

Try http://www.routerlogin.com

Charles asks…

how do i get to my router settings?

i went start/run and typed cmd and enter, then i typed ipconfig and entered it in the command Window. The bottom number is the default gateway (router) address. I then Typed this in the browser address bar. When i got to the login page i need to enter the password for "Netgear" i don;t know what password is is refering to. Plz help me in order to use the Wi-Fi setting fro my DS

netgear answers:

Usually the Username and password that you setup in your router. If you did not do this then you should use the default username and password in your routers manual.

If its not your router then stay out of it.

If you forgot the username and password you can always reset the router to its default settings, but this will also reset your internet settings and you will have to set it back up.

To reset the router find the small reset button on the back of the router and push it in for the count of 10. Turn off the routers power and count to 10 again. Let go of the reset button and power the router back on. It will be just like it was when you first took it out of the package......

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment