Saturday, February 18, 2012

Netgear Support: Netgear Support Downloads

Mark asks…

i lost my netgear installation cd?

its a wireless-g router wgr614
what can i do do i have to buy a new cd?i searched this link http://kbserver.netgear.com/downloads_support.asp
but it did not help.. so plz help!!...

netgear answers:

You don't need the installation CD. Simply type into your web browser http://192.168.0.1 and that will take you to the router's configuration pages. The default username is admin and the default password is password.

Also, here is the setup manual: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1900

And the user guide: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6880

Chris asks…

Netgear WNR00v2 installs trojan?

So my husband installs a new wireless router and left the disk in. He never could get the thing to work~ and it is brand new out of the box.

The next morning our anti-virus is freaking out saying we have 2 trojans. I went to our anti virus support website and downloaded the appropriate files per this specific problem.

Then only 1 is left.
It was a Generic Backdoor!cvo

Problem was, I already had done everything my anti-virus suggested to remove it.

When I went to the file's location, I couldn't delete it and there was basically no information in it's properties. But I did realize it was located in our D drive. I removed the disk, (and suddenly have the option to delete the file~ but I didn't) Instead I scanned again and all is resolved.


I notice Netgear has had issues before like this a few years ago where anti-virus software was detecting a Trojan in a file downloaded by Netgear.

I can't find anything about the one we just got or what I should do.
Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?
To top it off the stupid router still isn't working!
I didn't remove the file lol~
I said I couldn't. When I removed the disk I could right click~ and there was the option to delete. (But see, I hadn't exited the screen where the file was located either when I removed the disk. for all I know that file is downloaded on my computer~ or it was *only* on the disk? I don't actually know)

What I was able to remove the first time was the first trojan threat. I downloaded files from my AV~ and ran the scan like suggested and it got cleaned up. But the second one was still there.
the Trojan :
Generic Backdoor!cvo

File:
MdmServ.exe

full path:
D:binIAMdmServ.exe
The files downloaded were the current engine and DAT files.
This was the solution offered by my AV~
Using McAfee.

We've used it for 2 years and it was good~ I like the real time scanning where it stops a threat in it's tracks.. this time didn't work~ but I can see why if we were the ones to download the problem in the first place.
Thank you! That helps so much! :)

netgear answers:

Ok, are you saying your AV identified files on the cd as malicious.If so and this is a legit cd, then your AV has made a mistake. I had this problem once with a netgear
You say you removed the file, you cannot remove a file from a cd !
Also you downloaded some files, this sounds strange, possibly you upgraded the firmware ?
If your AV has made a mistake, you need to send it to your AV and they will remove it from there list, and your AV will no longer report it

Can you possibly post the name/s of the ' offending' file look in your AV logs
What AV are you using

Was it this RtlGina2.dll ?

EDIT #########################################################
This is obviously a false alarm, see here http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18633
If the file in question is ONLY on the cd I would disable your AV ( mcafee i bet )
Install the software and re-enable the AV
However if the actual file is installed on the pc you will have trouble
These are the AV' s still reporting this http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report.html?id=1836734eb98179582fe830cc17241c0087ae66b7d295be32d93056f6ed75aab2-1297707516
You can send the offending file to your AV reporting it as a false alarm

You can also set up the router manually , by logging on here http://www.routerlogin.net/
If you have not configured yet, you need to enter
user name ( enter the word admin )
password ( enter the word password )

Do you have anymore questions ?

William asks…

How do I configure a Netgear DG834v4 router without CD?

I have a Netgear DG834v4 modem router but no CD. I have tried going on to 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 as I was told to do on the Netgear site. The link www.routerlogin.net only redirects me to the Netgear support page. Also, I have checked for the default gateway in cmd but there is none. I have tried downloading setup cd's with no luck. Does anyone know what i can do? (I am in South Africa, if that is at all relevant) Thanks!

netgear answers:

I forgot what the address is but you access the netgear control panel via the ip on the bottom of the router. Your login and pass will be shown also. I've never had a cd to configure my router.

Richard asks…

Macintosh Experts!!!I Need Help Trying To Open Files On This Netgear Cd That I Have.?

I have a "MAC OS 9.1" and The Netgear Version That I Have Is "Netgear usb 2.0 WG111v2"
And I Have Trouble Opening The Cd On The Macintosh I Mean It Reads It But When I Try Open A File It Wont Let Me Theres An Error.How Can I Make This Work And Open The Files So I Can Download The Program And Have Wireless Internet Connection Please Help Me!Would Be Very Grateful!
Thanks Guys,

P.S I Tried This Program Called "Joliet" Of The Netgear Support System And Still Couldnt Do It.

netgear answers:

You probably have a windows CD, in which case you need to find the proper CD that has Mac drivers on it.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment