Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear Support Drivers

Paul asks…

os not supported on windows me for netgear adapter is there a driver that is?

Is there a driver for windows me that is os supported

netgear answers:

Drivers are hardware specific. For Netgear hardware, you need to install a driver supplied by Netgear. There are no other drivers for hardware by Netgear. This goes for every brand. If Windows Me is not supported for this specific hardware, then it is simply not supported. You will either need to purchase hardware which is supported for your operating system or upgrade your operating system to a newer version which is supported. Sorry.

John asks…

I need a driver for netgear ma111 that is compatable with windows 7 x64, someone give me a link please.?

The offical site doesn't have it, I am searching everywhere for it and I am worried that it might not be supported. However if someone finds a working driver that's 10 points for them!

netgear answers:

Nope.. I'm afraid you're SOL. NetGear doesn't have a Win7 compatible driver for your USB Adapter yet. Your options:

1. Contact support for Complaint / Request for Driver

2. Wait until they release the Official Driver

3. Buy a different Adapter from Linksys or something.

William asks…

Wireless Access Point Help?

I have ATT Uverse and I went out and bought a WAP54g and I want to have the WAP54g capture the signal that the ATT Uverse is giving off and then let me run it through a ethernet cable into my computer...

I need this because I am running Windows 7 64bit and my NETGEAR wireless card does not support driver in 64bit because Netgear announced they are not releasing drivers in 64bit...
I also wanted to know if "bridging" them would require me to go out and buy another WAP54g so one could give off a signal from the Uverse and then the other one upstairs would be able to capture the same AP's signal...

And I want this done so I dont have to run a ethernet cable going from my basement to my upstairs...
thank you lol but my dad ended up running 75ft of cable going from the basement to my room ended up being easier then he thought...but yeah i discovered the WET54g last night and was thinking about getting that

netgear answers:

I have to tell you that this is a good AP but a bad "Client" Unit. You do need to use bridge mode, but the WAP54G can only connect to another WAP54G in that mode.
From THE manual for the unit.
"Wireless Bridge This mode connects two physically
separated wired networks using two access points (use
additional access points to connect more wired networks).
This feature only works with another Wireless-G Access
Point (model number: WAP54G)."

Linksys just didn't build the unit to be used as a bridge receiver. They do make units that do what you want to do, this isn't it!
Check out the WET54G which was designed as a bridge device and will connect to about any access point, including your 2wire. Http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WET54G

If you can, take the WAP back and get the WET54 you and your systems will be much happier. (linksys just skipped the firmware to make it work as a bridge unit.)

I actually use the Ubiquity Loco's for bridges as they are cheap and very good.
Http://www.ubnt.com/products/loco.php for $49.00 they just work and work well.

George asks…

Is there a Netgear N300 Wireless USB driver for Windows Small Business Server 2003?

Dose anyone know if there is a Netgear N300 Wireless USB driver for Windows Small Business Server 2003. The PC that I installed it on does not have wireless card so I need to use a Wireless USB to get internet. But the OS is not supported by the Netgear installation CD. I need to use the USB to get access to the internet. Otherwise I would need to use a Ethernet cable and use my other PCs internet. But I don't want to do that. I do also realize that I could hook the PC up to the router directly but I don't want to do that either. I will if i have to tho.
Anyway if you know or have a link to the driver that would be wounder full :)
Thank you.

netgear answers:

Do NOT use wireless for a server. Under load it collapses. And if you have a router you are better to connect the server direct to it. NOBODY seriously uses wireless this way.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment