Monday, March 18, 2013

How do i slow down my routers wifi speed...?

Q. i have a linksys e2000 router... the problem is my brother is using his laptop 24/7 and when he uses it while i'm playing ps3 online the ps3 lags, which is connected via ethernet cable.... so i want to slow down my wifi signal to make him lag not me
I pay for the internet... not him btw. so don't feel sorry for him

A. I do not know if that router will let you slow it down, but you can definitely cut it off temporarily shut the wifi down. You would need to log into your router.

On page 26 read about the TRANSMISSION RATE, WHICH TELLS YOU HOW TO SLOW THE WIRELESS OR WIFI CONNECTION DOWN WITHIN YOUR SOFTWARE.

Here is a link for your manual if you cannot locate it.
http://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1016512111.pdf

GOOD LUCK ( :


how do i change my NAT from moderate to open in xbox live?
Q. i have a cisco router and it says its a linksys e2000
please don't tell me to google it or youtube it because i tried that for about 2 hours and it still didn't work, and dont send me a link to portforward.com.
-thx

A. i have this exact same router and had this exact same problem. i changed my settings by doing the following
give your xbox a manual ip address
turn your mtu setting to manual and change it to 1500
save
then go to administration turn off UPnP
save
go to port range forwarding and forward these ports to the ip adress you gave your xbox
88 to 88 both
3074 to 3074 both
save

now unplug your router and modem wait 30 seconds and plug in the modem then router
reset xbox

your nat settings should now be set to open


how to set up linksys e2000 without cd?
Q. i just got the router but i dont have a cd anyhelp?

A. Go to the LinkSys support website at:

http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/linksys/

Find and download the manual. Read the manual. Follow the instructions for manual setup.


I need help geting a linksys E2000 Wireless N-Router to work.?
Q. I have recently purchased a wireless n router from linksys. i cant get it to connect to the internet however.

I ran through the setup on the included disk and it will not connect.

I tried to reboot both the router and the modem after restarting the computer and still got nothing.

I really need to get this wireless working again.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

A. Reset the router to defaults and start over following the directions carefully.
The manual is here:
http://homedownloads.cisco.com/downloads/userguide/E2000_UG_USA_V10_NC-WEB.pdf
If you still have trouble, call Linksys, or review the "Basic Set up" on page 16.
This can be confusing, but take your time and all will be well.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment