Saturday, January 12, 2013

Where can I find the linksys wireless WUSB54GS Version 2 drivers for Windows 7 that actually work?

Q. Please help me! I just bought the new desktop with Windows 7 installed ! Now I can't find the drivers for my linksys wireless thingie! My computer is useless without the Internet! Can somebody please give me directions how to install the proper driver? I tried to install some but it doesn't work, it says something like .dll doesn't work or something... Please help me!!!!

A. Hi there,

Go here: http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/wireless/lbc/WUSB54GS?referrer=www.linksysbycisco.com

Click Downloads
Select Hardware Version 2.0
Scroll to Vista driver
Click Download
Set Compatibility to Vista SP2: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html
Run as Administrator: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/11841-run-administrator.html

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team


When you change the roaming decision on a wireless card, do you have to change anything else?
Q. I just bought a wireless USB adapter (linksys WUSB54GS). I changed roaming decision to "optimize bandwidth" to stop myself from losing connection so often when playing games. It works okay, but in the past I've had problems afterwards. If I change the roaming decision, do I need to change any other advanced option or should I be okay to leave it as is? Thanks!


7th

A. That should be all you have to change.


Are there drivers compatible with Vista for the WUSBF54G Linksys wireless network adapter?
Q. I have one and I can't seem to find drivers for it. I can find them for the WUSB54G adapter but not the WUSBF54G adapter. A lot of people seem to have and some have the drivers and some don't. I'm wondering if anyone here knows where to get them. Namely for free as people have been finding them. I just don't want to pay for something that should have come with the package, as it was advertised to work with Vista. Thanks.

A. if you have 32bit vista the xp drivers will work. i have the same adapter unfortuently i just upgraded to 64bit so im screwed


How can I connect an older laptop running windows ME to my wireless network?
Q. We have a wireless network at home using linksys wRT54G router and wusb54g network adapter i have this older laptop i want to connect to the network wireless what do i need for the laptop pref plug and play

A. you will need to install the drivers that are on the cd that came with your wusb54g.
Than follow the steps as described in the manual. if you do not have the manual I have included a link to there website where you can download the manual in PDF format.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment