Monday, April 2, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear Router Setup

George asks…

Netgear Router Setup I Need to enter Static IP information?

Where can I Find this Information? im Trying to Connect a Router to my Modem, and Its saying that I Need to type in IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, Preferred DNS Server, and Alternate DNS Server. my ISP Is also Quest

netgear answers:

I seriously doubt that you have a static ip address and need all this information. But just in case Im wrong, here's how you find it: On your computer, go to Start > Run, type CMD, hit enter, type IPCONFIG /ALL, hit enter. This will show you all of the info you've requested.

Donald asks…

How to setup netgear wifi extender with no WPS button on netgear router?

i just got a netgear wifi extender....book says press the WPS button on the router and then the button on the extender. i have no button on the router, but i lost the page in the book that says how to do it without the wps button..anyone know how to? thanks

netgear answers:

Idk ask someone else

Daniel asks…

Netgear Wireless Router, setup, make secure?

im setting up a netgear wireless-G router and my computer is down stairs, the router and modem are upstairs. I've trailed a ethernet cord from the router to the computer, and connected them, but when i put the netgear router setup disk in it doesnt show its connected. what am i doing wrong?

does anyone know how to setup a netgear router from my situation or ingeneral to make it secured(password/passphrase,etc)?
and how do you name it?

netgear answers:

Check to make sure you have your cables in the correct ports. You should have a cable running from the modem to the ethernet port on the router. Then you should run a cable from the ethernet port on your computer to one of the lan ports on the router. As to make your network secure, if it doesn't ask during setup, open your browser and enter in the URL of the router setup. After you log into the setup menu look for where your wireless settings are and there should be an option to setup a password. It is also recommended to enable encryption on the wireless network, with WPA and WPA2 being the strongest. However, since all computers on the network must use the same encryption type, you should enable the highest level of encrpytion that all computers can use.

David asks…

How do I setup my Netgear wireless Router to connect to my computer wirelessly?

I have a Netgear WGR614 54 Mbps wireless router and would like to know if there is any way to connect it to the wireless PCI card (802.11g 54 Mbps) on my PC. I would essentially like to have the Netgear router plugged in with my Sparkcom ADSL 4 port LAN router at the phone line and have it transmit the ADSL signal to the Wireless PCI card.

I think this should be possible, it says it works with a LAN connection to the PCs Network Adaptor but I see no reason why it shouldnt connect wirelessly.

And my next question is...how can this be done? I have been at it for weeks and this is my last resort. Thanks in advance.

netgear answers:

RTFM

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. Great Job!!!
    Nice Information about Netgear Router support. Thanks....If you are facing problem with your Netgear Router Support, You can reach Acetecsupport at their Toll Free No +1-800-231-4635 For US/CA.

    ReplyDelete