Friday, March 30, 2012

Netgear Faq: Netgear Router Login Not Working

Ken asks…

Whats wrong with my Netgear wireless router ?

I got a netgear wireless router to connect to our modem so that i can get wireless internet in my bedroom , and followed all the instructions on the software that came with the router but when it got to the login step , nothing would ever work . i tried the info on our router, what we signed up with for wind-stream , the email , everything i could think of. i turned caps lock on , and off, etc. nothing would work . any suggestions? oh and i called the support line and i got someone who was not much help . they claim 24/ customer service but its not guaranteed to be be good service. any suggestions ? thanks

netgear answers:

I'm going to need some information like.. Router type. And name. But I can see what I can do for you. Email me at darkghost368@yahoo.com. And just to recap the problem you cant login to the router correct?

Joseph asks…

Two logins over wireless router/modem - possible?

This is just about home networking but it seems tricky!

Here's the set-up:
1. BT Line, 8mb Broadband
2. Desktop - supplied by my partners work, along with the line, very secure, can only get internet via VPN and company internet login.
3. Bog standard laptop, with it's own internet login

I plug in to the line in the evenings when she finishes work - no problem.

Now she's having to work evenings so I thought it would be handy to share the line and got

4. Netgear DG834PNUK Wireless Router Modem

Set everyting up fine, started with desktop, all worked well. Laptop could see the wireless router but not get on the internet.

Tried to set the router up form the laptop with my login - works fine but desktop now can't get onto the internet.

It seems her secure login/VPN can't share it's internet connection with anyone else or use someone elses internet connection for it's VPN.

Netgear support cant help, to Is there any way I can split/share the connection?

Thanks.
Thanks, I can see the router fine and set it up, also no security yet -so thats not in the way.

It looks like it's the VPN but there doesn't seem to be a way to allow it it's own login through the router.

So I can work by changing the login but thats more tedious than just swapping the physical modem like I have been!

Has anyone had the same problem??
Thanks Chuck.

It's one line, I'm just trying to piggy back on her work line - given that it's always on that shouldn't be a problem, no extra cost to anyone.

This router doesn't have any VPN functionality - if I get one that supports VPN with her seperate internet login and VPN be able to sit on it's own while I use my login with the laptop?

Thanks

netgear answers:

That router may be limited on how many VPN connections you can have going on at once.

I think I am a bit confused. The internet connection is provided by the company or is it one that you are paying for? The desktop has its own line? What does that mean? It has its own internet connection besides the BT one? Do you both need to connect to the VPN to get online? VPN connections are usually bandwidth intensive, but not to that point.

Can you setup VPN pass through on the router? I know you can with Linksys, not sure in regards to that router though. I think that may be what you need to look for. There should be a VPN section in the router for this to work though. You may end up needing a new router if not.

Just to clear up one last thing I am confused about. You dont need to long on with your PC, not your wife's, with the VPN information, correct? I think that if you get a router with VPN capabilities your problem should be solved. I dont think that router is robust enough for a VPN connection and another connection. I could be wrong, but from the sounds of it all signs point to your router.

Thomas asks…

I have a problem with my wireless router (Netgear) Please Help?

Right somebody else set this up for me although i know how tp set it up, buthe said he would be able to put something on to it so if people tried to connect they couldnt so he connected my computer and it works fine. but icannont connect anything else my ipod touch works but my cousins iphone does not nor do my other 2 computers. How can i get the other devices to connect??? I have tried going on to www.routerlogin.net which lets yyou login to the router but i cant see what is causing it please help me.
its the new thing from netgear, i know the wireless key and when i try it on the xp pc it says aquiring network address then dissconnects then does it again over and ov er then it eventually gives up this is really annying me i have to sit upsairs with my other laptop plugged in just to browse the web

netgear answers:

It seems to me he has added wireless security onto your router. The way to get this so you know the code and then can use it on your other computers is get onto your router. I havnt heard of wwww.routerlogin.net normally I use a variation of 192.168.0.1 or sometimes 192.168.1.1 with default username as admin and password as either password or pass. Once on look for " wireless settings" on the left handside normally. Once you click that there should be something called WEP or WPA this is the security, note down the code as you need it to access everything else.

Hope that helps

Daniel asks…

wireless network works on my laptop but not on my desktop!?

my desktop just got a virus recently then it crashed after i fixed it. i had to reformat it. then when i logged back in after it was all done there was no internet connection i downloaded all the drivers for it to. my router is NETGEAR and it works for any other computers whats wrong with it??? it says wireless networks unavailable and nothing shows up but on my laptop all networks show. do i need to login to the router and change something??

netgear answers:

Just use this guidelines



Start-run and then write cmd then ipconfig /release

and then ipconfig /renew.

If it is not try to click the nic icon tray and choose support tap what you will see is the ip address ofcthe pc. If its like 169 starting you have disable the nic and enable again and restart the pc.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a wonderful info about netgear services. Now i know how to do it and i will also troubleshot is for people.
    Netgear Router Tehnical Support

    ReplyDelete